Saturday, January 17, 2009

Midnight Fuel...

It always amazes me how drained I get after a busy day. Spending a long day at friends house enjoying the 58 degree weather was just what the doctor ordered. Today seemed like an early spring day. Blue skies, birds flying, sun shining, & hanging out on the porch was hard to imagine in the middle of January in Colorado, but it happened. Sitting back & watching the kids play while sipping on yummy margaritas was how I would like to spend my weekends. With worn out toddler in tow, we headed for home. With no real nap for the rugrat, you would think sleep would come early...guess not. Z woke at 11:30 needing her mama. The joy it still brings me to be able to nurse her and have that unending love that only a mother can experience, is wonderful. I know my days of nursing are limited as she gets older, but I will cherish and long for them each day that comes. After soothing her back to sleep, I myself feel the need for a midnight snack. Hmm, what shall I have?? Thinking of my childhood and spending many nights with my grandparents, I remember. Bananas & blueberries with milk. Perfect. Oh, so satisfying as the flavors burst in my mouth. Now if only I too could drift off to sleep......

No comments:

Post a Comment